A Celebrated History
- Original company founded by General Electric as it's Irish subsidiary.
- Management Buyout (MBO) sees formation of Ei Electronics and launch of "Ei Home" brand.
- Aico appointed as UK distributor.
- Strong growth in regulation driven UK market.
- Business in Australasia established.
- Kaizen lean manufacturing processes introduced.
Global sales exceed €25 million.
- Launch of Easi-Fit range.
- Aico acquired and becomes wholly owned UK subsidiary.
- A fledgling German sales entity is established in Düsseldorf.
Global Sales exceed €50 million.
- On going expansion of European sales.
- German Sales growth following rollout of regulation change state by state.
- Expansion of sales to Scandinavia and Middle East & Africa.
Global sales exceed €100 million.
- Sales to Central and Eastern European markets grow strongly.
- 50 year anniversary of original General Electric foundation.
- 25 year anniversary of Ei Company foundation.
- USA subsidiary established to develop a footprint in that territory.
- Ei France and Ei Poland established.
- Expansion of Shannon campus to 23,000m.
- Sales to over 30 countries worldwide.
Global Sales reach €200 million.
- Expansion of sales to South East Asian markets.
- Centre of Excellence opened on the Ei Campus in Shannon.